Pages

Tuesday 14 July 2015

More VOSA Activity, 59 and Kiings Tours

As promised there have been more registrations on VOSA today from First, Konect, and Stagecoach Norfolk. Here they are. Details of the changes will be published as soon as they become available.

First Ipswich

Variation to routes 75/6/7/8 between Ipswich and Felixstowe. To amend route, stopping places and timetable from 30/8/15.

Variation to route 66 between Ipswich and Martlesham. To amend timetable from 30/8/15

Variation to route 64/64A/64X/65 between Ipswich and Aldeburgh. To amend route, stopping places and timetable from 30/8/15

Variation to routes 88/88A/89 between Ipswich and Stowmarket. To amend timetable

Variation to route 67 between Ipswich and Martlesham. To amend timetable from 30/8/15

Cancellation of route 68 between Ipswich and Kesgrave from 30/8/15

Cancellation of route 65B between Ipswich and Woodbridge from 29/8/15

New registration of route 59 from Ipswich to Ipswich via Rushmere operating Mon - Sat from 30/8/15

Observers will note some new service numbers in that list, including the 78 and 64X. As soon as I receive details of these services I'll publish them. It also seems that the Sunday service to Woodbridge has once again bitten the dust.

First Yarmouth/Lowestoft

Variation of route 1/1A/1B between Lowestoft and Martham. To amend timetable from 30/8/15

Variation of route 882 between Carlton Colville and Gorleston 6th Form College. To amend timetable from 30/8/15

Variation to route 882 from North Cove to Gorleston 6th Form College. To amend timetable from 30/8/15

I am aware that both the above services are numbered 882. That is what it says on the VOSA site

Stagecoach in Norfolk

Variation to route 3 between Kings Lynn and North Wooton. To amend timetable from 3/9/15

Variation to route 48A/B/C between Grimston/Flitcham/East Winch and Springwood High School. To amend timetable from 3/9/15

Konect

Variation to route 10 between Costessey P&R and N&NUH. To amend timetable from 7/9/15

New registration of route 511 from Costessey P&R to UEA. Operating Mon - Fri University term time only from 7/9/15

New registration of route 512 from Harford P&R to County Hall. Operating Mon - Fri from 7/9/15

One other registration of note is that Ourhire of Acle have taken over the 730 Gorleston 6th Form College to Beighton service from Ambassador. This route also operates shopper services into Yarmouth and thus operates Mon - Sat. This is effective from 3/9/15

I fully expect more VOSA activity over the coming days and weeks. As they go up I'll publish them here.

It would appear that Yarmouth depot now has two incrediby photogenic buses. THREE I mean three - sorry Chris and Danny! Not only is there 33423 which (I'm whispering this) might not now be repainted into X1 livery - not confirmed so no champaigne yet - but also now there is 59. I wasn't sure about it until I saw it in the flesh yesterday at James Paget. Not much makes me go wow these days but 59 did, and if she is kept in this condition will be turning heads for a long time. Must mention the driver who made sure I'd got my pic before driving off.

59 at James Paget
 Today I saw her at Market Gates and a lot of heads were also turning. Unfortunately one of the pics got totally bombed by a couple of tourists but the pic is still worth showing.

Waiting at Market Gates
Bombed!! Still a good full length N/S view though

Finally for today while at Southwold this afternoon I finally got up close and personal to a coach from a company whose vehicles I've long admired. Kings Tours of Stanway, Essex, had one of their immaculate Van Hool T916 vehicles on a visit to the seaside town, and an extremely chatty and friendly driver let me have a look around. Quite simply it is spotless. Even the luggage compartments are carpeted! The legroom insiide was impressive, although I'm not sure I'd squeeze into the crew compartment these days! A quality coach and quality driver from what looks a quality company.

Kings Tours immaculate Van Hool T916 KC11 ABC at Southwold

Tomorrow I will be posting hoping to start a debate comparing past and present, inspired by a Twitter conversation with an old friend earlier. Come back tomorrow to read and take part!

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic post mate. I am currently unable to access Twitter, so if you need me email me :)

    ReplyDelete