Pages

Monday 8 August 2016

Challenge Time - ID This Bus

The Pursey Clan are currently on the high seas sailing around the Baltic. One of the countries on their itinerary is Finland. Since I have never had page views from that fine country I made Mr Pursey Jnr promise me he would log in and let me tick another one off the list. Seems they are needed to as my hundreds of Russian readers have deserted me and have been replaced by 29 people avidly interested in all things transport East Anglia from Somalia no less. Just proves the phrase lies, damn lies and statistics is as true now as ever and is the main reason why I don't show my page views as they are not an accurate reflection.

Anyway Finnish views duly logged I then discovered Andrew Pursey had kindly sent me a pic of a local Finnish bus on Sightseeing duties in Helsinki. Oh ha ha very funny I thought when I first saw it but take a closer look.

RM in Helsinki             pic (c) Andrew Pursey
The stairs appear to be at the front, so is this an RMA or has it been converted? No ID is obvious on the bus so your challenge is to identify this Routemaster! No prizes except you can be confirmed as an official smartass!

7 comments:

  1. From what I've gathered it was FPT 591C, an RMF new to Northern General.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh very good, Tom. So the paint job is rather misleading...

      Delete
    2. Don't think so. Northern General painted theirs red with a cream stripe. Just needs 'Shop at Binns' signwritten on the front.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Details on Iains Bus Stop
    FPT 591C
    The RMF was new Northern General 1/65
    1/75 renumbered
    10/77 operating from Bensham
    12/80 withdrawn (last one)
    1/81 bought for preservation
    sold to Brakell, (Cheam)
    1983 exported to Finland (hotel vehicle, Espoo)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loads of her here https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=fpt%20591c

    ReplyDelete
  5. FPT591C
    1/65 new
    1/75 renumbered
    10/77 operating from Bensham
    12/80 withdrawn (last one)
    1/81 bought for preservation
    sold to Brakell, (Cheam)
    1983 exported to Finland (hotel vehicle, Espoo)

    ReplyDelete