Pages

Tuesday 10 February 2015

Tuesday Tit-Bits

As I imagine a lot of you will know by now I put on my glad rags, well rags anyway, and went up to Yarmouth yesterday to have lunch with Roy Northcott from East Norfolk Bus Blog. I decided to travel via Beccles for a change and immediately cursed the timing of our meeting as on arrival at Beccles BorderBus's E300, which I am still to travel on pulled up on the 146 to Norwich.

BorderBus's E300 at Beccles on Monday                                            pic (c) SW
As I type this news comes through that the new timetable for BorderBus's 146 is up on the Suffolkonboard website. Talk about upgrading a route! There are now up to 14 journeys a day and the route between Wrentham and Beccles has been changed to go through Kessingland, Pakefield and Carlton Colville including the Transport Museum. There are earlier buses and later buses with the last journey from Norwich to Beccles leaving at 1820, and the last through journey from Southwold to Norwich leaving at 1645, some 20 mins before Anglian's last through service via Halesworth, but arriving in Norwich 45 mins earlier. There is a 1745 from Southwold to Beccles. The first journey from Worlingham/Beccles to Norwich will be 0705 6 days a week. An extra vehicle will be required and as soon as I know what that is I'll let you know. I think this is a really bold timetable and I'm pretty sure the new route will ruffle more than a few feathers! Now the publicity in the new parts of the routes needs to be good. I have taken the link to the new timetable down as BorderBus have told me it was published a little too early and Suffolkonboard have taken the timetables off the website. However, they have given their blessing for this part of the post to remain up - thanks Andrew!

Ok back to yesterday and after a ride to Yarmouth on arguably the best Solo I've ever been on - Anglian 958 which is simply SUPERB - I met up with Roy and after a couple of decent photo ops we adjourned into the warmth of the Troll Cart for a spot of lunch and much nattering. You will have seen Roy's version of this pic on his post but here is mine, because it's an Ollie, so repetition is just fine! Many thanks for the company yesterday, Roy, was good to see you and catch up again.

34186 passes 33824. Old Bus/New Bus? No contest!
Last year I managed to get a pic of 33812  minus it's rear window ad and remarked that I thought it looked better wthout it. On Saturday and again yesterday I saw 33821 in Yarmouth without the rear window ad and my opinions were confirmed and reinforced.

33821 revealing it does have a rear window albeit a bit grubby!
After lunch I popped over to Norwich on a rather sickly sounding gas bus and spent half hour in Castle Meadow hoping to see the Yarmouth Dart on loan there. I didn't, but saw all 5 ex Lowestoft E200's and also got a pic of Purple Line Trident 33003 with her white Norwich Vinyls applied. I like the look.

33033 with the white Norwich vinyls
I also finally, at long last, eventually managed to get a picture of one of First's ex Yarmouth Volvo B10B Renown training buses. Yes I know they've been around for months but they have been avoiding me like the plague. So it was good to see one finally yesterday. Despite the reg ending in an 8 it's 60807

First Trainnig Vehicle 60807 in Castle Meadow, Norwich.
Finally today two items to make you smile I hope. Firstly were you aware that Greater Anglia are building their own High Speed Line? Nope neither did I so I am thankful to Brian Aldiss for alerting me to an article in the Suffolk Gazette detailing such a plan. You can read the full article by clicking here.

Secondly I'm sure everyone heard about the 182 point turn performed by a First Norwich bus last week that went completely viral. Well here is something that was tweeted by the NW Bus Blog Sunday night, with a link to the Manchester Evening News and a video of a First B7rle getting beached on a roundabout in Oldham, trying to avoid some roadworks. He couldn't do this again if he tried for months! Calling Greenpeace! You can watch the video by clicking here.

That;s it from me today - battery train tomorrow assuming it's out!

No comments:

Post a Comment