Pages

Saturday 26 October 2013

Saturday's Sightings

Spent a rather pleasant day trundling around on various routes and ticked another two Olympians off my "must travel on before withdrawal" list. After travelling into Norwich on Anglian Omnicity 452 (AU58 AUV) I was pleasantly surprised to see Olympian 34186 parked up waititng to operate the 11.05 to Yarmouth. A really nice driver, an equally decent ride despite the attempts of the wind to blow us off the Acle straight, and a couple of good photo opportunities.

The old and the new.
Underneath the arches - well shopping centre! Doesn't she look good!
After waiting sometime for another Olympian finally I was rewarded with 34109 turning up heading to Martham.

34109 looking great. I'm going to miss these Olympians
At Hemsby i spotted Gemini 37575 heading in the other direction and quickly switched vehicles. Comparing the two I know which one I prefer. Guesses on an email please!

Hastily taken pic of 37575 at Hemsby. Rattled more than the Olympian
I was joined at Caister by Cameron from Great Yarmouth Bus Blog who let me in on a few snippets of information that he is going to post on his blog (link at top of page). He also very kindly set up a Flickr account for me to put all my pics which I'll link to when it's up and running. We travelled  to JPH and back on President 32209 to kill some time before as a thank you I decided it was about time he travelled on his first gas bus so at Yarmouth, after a short pit stop, we caught Anglian 106 to Lowestoft. Cameron has promised to publish his report on his blog but I think I can safely say the reaction was favourable. Check out his blog - it's really nice to see the future of bus enthusiasm in such capable and decent hands.

Anglian 106 and 105 at Yarmouth this afternoon
Cameron in front of the first gas bus he had travelled on today - i don't think it will be the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment