Pages

Friday 16 May 2014

Lowestoft Station Exhibits From The Past

Following on from yesterday's enforced stay at Lowestoft byu the short set, Tim Miller has sent me some old pics he found of Class 101's in various years at Lowestoft, including a couple showing the old roof, which I certainly never saw myself. Wouldn't be nice if you could just flick a switch and go back to those days, if only to see if they were as good as we remember them with our rose tinted specs!! Unfortunately out of the 3 pics only one unit can be identified - 101658, but I'm sure there will be some of you out there who will identify the others. Thanks, Tim, for the pics and enjoy.

101658 sits at the new Lowestoft Station about to leave for Norwich. Can someone please tell me what is written before Railways on the side of the train please!
I'm beginning to see why they modernised it! Look at the state of those tracks!
Looks a nice day there even if those two units look a bit grubby.

4 comments:

  1. I have no idea why his comment isn't showing but David Warren has almost immediately let me know that it is Regional Railways on the side of 101658 and I could kick myself as I do remember them!!! Cheers, David

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Steve, it should say Regional Railways, as it does on the side of my model replica of a similar unit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Regional Railways was one of the 3 passenger subsadaries owned by British rail, Steve :-)
    More here- http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Regional_Railways

    ReplyDelete