Pages

Tuesday 7 April 2015

Class 170 transfer

On Saturday the first of 4 Class 170 DEMU's to transfer from Scotrail to Southern made the long journey south to Stewarts Lane depot in Battersea. 170421/3 were the units involved. As I travelled on a couple of those units last year when I did Edinburgh - Kyle of Lochalsh return in a day I went through the pics of that day just in case - and would you believe what I took a picture of at Perth after travelling on it from Edinburgh that morning?

170421 at Perth en route to Dundee in July 2014
Of course Scotrail is now in the hands of Abellio and Southern is part of the Govia portfolio of franchises. If 170415 is one of the other two to be transferred I'll claim a conspiracy as that is the only other 170 I got a pic of that day! They are decent trains btw! Here is a pic I took out of the window of 170421 that mornng of the Forth Road bridge while crossing the Forth Rail bridge! Excuse the reflection!

The Forth Road Bridge from 170421 crossing the Forth Rail bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment